CRANBERRY PUMPKIN CRUMBLE CHEESECAKE SQUARES
A fresh take on traditional cheesecake with the addition of canned pumpkin, dried cranberries and spices on a crunchy pecan crust.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: About 5 hours, including refrigeration
Makes: 16 servings
2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 packages (8 ounces each) softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan.
2. For crust, combine crumbs, nuts, sugar and butter; mix well. Firmly press 3 cups of mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Set aside remaining 1 cup while preparing cheesecake.
3. For cheesecake, mix cream cheese, sugar and flour in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until blended, about 2 minutes. While mixing, add sour cream, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until just blended. Fold in cranberries. Pour cheesecake batter over crust.
4. Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over top of cheesecake. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil edges. Cut into 16 pieces. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Tips and Ideas:
·Garnish with a dollop of whip cream for extra flavor.
·Substitute dried cherries in place of cranberries for a more tart cheesecake.
·Substitute reduced fat cream cheese and reduced fat sour cream for the full fat products for a reduced fat version of the cheesecake.
**Recipe courtesy of BUTTERBALL